Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's been a while since I posted but I have been doing some traveling. This past week me and two other teachers took the 9th graders to Guizhou which is a province in China. While there we did a lot of hiking, we worked in the rice fields, and visited with some of the local schools. I think these pictures speak more than my words. Enjoy!


Me with some local students of Bai Bai village.
Some of my students putting in some hard work in the rice fields.
Some men and women working in the rice terraces.
Some of the people in Bai Bai village waiting for our arrival.
Two of the local villagers who taught us how to pick rice.
Me, Ashley, and Peter after working in the rice fields.
Two little boys watching the performance in Bai Bai.
Students and me with a local family in their home. The family gave us a tour and then we asked questions about the Maio people.
Dennis, Ty, Lashca, Klara, Dixon, Sam, Jerry and Jon. Some of my 9th grade students on the bus.
Man working in rice field.
Dinner at a traditional restaurant with students.



This is a picture of two of my students, Ashley and DaSom acting crazy as they usually do.

Me, Dennis and Ty carrying rice like the Chinese do. (or trying to is more like it)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow ms.davis! i mean darby! it looks like so much fun, and i'm glad your having a better time. i miss you so much! im mailing you a letter soon
<3

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home